Monday, August 31, 2020

Magic for me

 People around me always ask me to believe in myself, particularly at times we discuss the day to matters; stressors in professional and personal lives. And often I hear, “some magic will happen, you never know”. And the same is portrayed in motivational films as well. You see very unexpected things can happen, and they change the circumstances and often leads to good, life changing moments.

 However, in my experience the magic in life has often been very confusing. It often happens to make sure the expected end result is never achieved. You plan out something for so long, and suddenly some magic happens and all the plans are jeopardized. This happens in day to day activities. You are about to leave house to meet a good friend and suddenly, a totally unexpected guest arrives and you can’t escape it. Some magic also leads to unexpected meet ups even. You think of meeting someone, but doesn't take an additional effort to do so, but you end up meeting that person in strange and memorable ways.

Magic that happens in life also comes in very threatened ways. You plan to go out for an important function; say a short case exam kind of, and then suddenly the watch is broken when getting ready and you are in a hot plate contemplating what will happen when the examiners see you taking a wrist watch from the pocket. And the magic doesn’t end there as well. It ends you getting a neurology case and ultimately the wrist watch never became important. Whether breaking the watch was magic or was the neurology short case to a candidate without a watch is magic? Or are they both magic? Or are they just incidence and I perceive them to be magic?.

Magic for me also comes in forms of unexpected photos, songs, films and they suddenly change life in very unexpected ways. There are songs that you have listened to thousand times and then, on one particular day, on one particular time, the song was the background music for a wonderful experience ; (not necessarily related to the lyrics/singer/melody of the song), and the song it-self becomes a magic that ignites you/ motivates you. Same with certain films as well. For some reason you find motivation/magical power to wake you up in them and you keep watching them several times.

I am thinking, “am I overthinking these minor incidences to be magic in life – or is the small magic that happen in life make life more interesting/ challenging and motivates us to hold on to it and move forwards?"

Of all conflicting thoughts, on a conflicting night itself, I am searching for a magic to hold on to, and the best magic I can relate are looking at this photo ,


and listening to this song…



Will this magic work as I want the magic to work?

Will this pleasant feeling in these take me forwards, as far as I want?

What will be the end result of this magic? A happiness or an agony?

I wish I knew, but....

If I ever knew, it isn’t a magic any more….

So, let’s sing :  Que sara sara .. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment